Terms & Conditions
Computers & Servers
Advanced Computer Technology (hereafter referred to as ACT) is a value added computer system builder and reseller of quality business hardware and software products produced by various manufacturers. All computers and file servers built by ACT are custom built-to-order products with specifications unique to individual customer requirements.
What does ACT cover with this limited warranty?
ACT covers our value added labor and workmanship on custom computers and file servers built by ACT for a period of 1 year from the original delivery date of each individual product. Additionally, ACT will act on behalf of our customer (end user) to process and expedite applicable manufacturer warranty claims for hardware used in the construction of computers and file servers for a period of 1 year from the original delivery date of the product. ACT covers our labor as necessary to restore the computer or file server product to the original system state as delivered during the limited warranty period.
Hardware used in the construction of our computers and file servers is warranted directly by each respective manufacturer with limited product warranties of 1 year, 3 years and 5 years depending on the individual hardware component. To determine warranties for individual hardware components, please refer to your itemized purchase invoice. Hardware component warranties begin at the time of shipment to ACT or from the date of manufacture. All hardware replaced under manufacturer’s warranty will become property of ACT and returned to the manufacturer under their stated RMA requirements. Please contact ACT if clarification is needed with individual manufacturer warranties.
All software provided with the computer or file server product is subject to licensing agreements and you agree to be bound to the software license terms of the software manufacturer. All software is obtained through standard recognized distribution channels in order to assure the customer (end user) receives genuine non-pirated licensing. ACT does not warrant functionality of software, that it will meet all of your requirements or that the software will operate without errors or interruption. The customer assumes responsibility for final software selection to achieve its purposed use. All media disks, licenses and documentation associated with purchased software are delivered with the computer or file server hardware. It is the customer’s responsibility to inventory the delivered software and store in a secure location for future use. It is the customer’s responsibility to report any missing software documentation within 30 days of delivery.
What is not covered by this ACT limited warranty?
This ACT limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Computer and file server products for which ACT has not received payment or for which payment has been reversed
- Normal wear and tear or damage sustained following delivery of computer or file server products
- External causes of product failure such as water damage, lightning induced damage, misuse, abuse, accidents, environmental problems caused by inadequate ventilation or poor electrical power service
- Products with missing or altered ACT serial number tags or hardware serial number markings
- Products altered from the original form, fit, and function at the time of delivery
- Problems caused by user installed hardware or accessories not installed and tested by ACT
- Diagnostic and repair service performed by any party other than ACT without advanced written authorization.
- Failure to follow reasonable preventative maintenance measures to maintain the product in good operating condition
- Software problems, including the MicroSoft operating system, hardware driver software, anti-virus software, or damages caused by any third party software installed at the request of the customer (either end user or partner of the end user)
- Loss of data – It is the customers’ responsibility to back up and maintain back up’s of all data, software and programs prior to installation or warranty service on computers or file servers. ACT will not be liable for data loss, recovery of lost data or recovery of software arising from hardware failure, service or support to the product
- System state software corruption or instability problems caused by virus or malware infections
- System state corruption caused by failed or corrupt software installation
What about returns and cancellations?
All computers and file servers built by ACT are custom built-to-order products. Specifications are unique to individual customer requirements and are not eligible for return for credit once the product has been delivered. In the event of an order cancellation prior to delivery, 25% of the total quoted price of the product excluding applicable sales tax will be retained from the customer deposit (or invoiced) to offset material shipping, handling, order cancellation and restocking charges incurred. Additionally, software already installed, registered and or activated on the customers behalf is not cancelable. The individual purchase price of said software will be deducted from the customer deposit (or invoiced) and the software will be delivered to the customer.
What if warranty service is needed?
If you believe your ACT computer or file server is in need of warranty service, begin by contacting our office at 512-450-1411 and describe the problem to one of our technicians. Be prepared to furnish the technician with the original customer name used to purchase the computer or file server along with the product serial number. Once we have made a preliminary diagnosis and determined the warranty status of your product, we will provide instructions to begin the evaluation and repair process. Warranty service on computers must be performed at our repair shop and the customer is responsible for drop off and pick up following repairs. Warranty service on file servers will be performed either in our repair shop or on-site (at the original delivery location) at our discretion. We use new and refurbished hardware in performing warranty repairs that are equivalent to original specifications. Some replacement parts may need to be special ordered or returned to the hardware manufacturer for repairs consistent with the manufacturer warranty which may require extra time. Replacement parts are covered for the remaining period of the limited warranty. Service will be performed during our standard business hours Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. After hours, weekend or holiday service is not included but may be purchased separately if necessary.
ADVANCED COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY POLICY. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR THE SPECIFIED PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THE PRODUCT LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD INDICATED ON YOUR INVOICE. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD EXPIRES. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT REPAIR DIAGNOSIS NOR WILL WE COMPENSATE THE END USER FOR THIRD PARTY SERVICE LABOR AND OR MATERIALS USED IN THE REPAIR OF AN ACT LABELED PRODUCT WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT IN ADVANCE OF THE REPAIRS. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT SUBJECT TO A CLAIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.